09 Nov pfSense Plus RELEASE 23.09
pfSense Plus RELEASE 23.09
This release offers significant changes and features, including:
- OpenSSL Upgraded to 3.0.12: The upgrade to OpenSSL 3.0.12 removes older and weaker encryption and hash algorithms. Users with security certificates based on these deprecated algorithms should review the release notes before upgrading.
- Kea DHCP Added as Opt-In Feature: Kea DHCP server is now available for opt-in.
- Improved Support for SCTP: Enhancements in PF now allow firewall rules, NAT, and logging to act on SCTP packets by port number.
- IPv6 Router Configuration Moved: IPv6 Router Advertisement settings can now be found at Services > Router Advertisement, part of ongoing Kea DHCP server integration.
- Additional Highlights: PHP upgraded to 8.2.11 and base operating system updated to a more current version of FreeBSD 14.
Learn more by viewing the Release Notes.
Netgate-branded appliances come with TAC Lite support and receive this and future software updates at no additional cost for the lifetime of the unit.